Sunday, December 19, 2010

Gingerbread Disaster!

Time to make gingerbread houses! Yeah! So I baked the dough the night before. I followed the same receipe I always do. But I guess I need Grandma Smith here, because I didn't bake it long enough, and the gingerbread was soft. I figured it would harden over night.
The next afternoon we started assembling the houses. Uh-oh, the cookie was very soft still, but I'm sure I can make it work. I'll just use extra frosting.
Here you can see the houses, notice Sydney's roof is a little saggy?

We finished, they looked great. We had to hurry to Grandma Huffman's house, so everyone get in the car quick. But I have to run inside to get something, and this is what I see. Oh dear, what do I tell the kids. I quietly show Lance and we get in the car and leave.


Lance comes up with a plan involving some Christmas trolls who like to smash gingerbread houses. He mentions to the kids that he hopes they don't come while were gone. The kids are asleep when we come home later that night, so Lance leaves a note, and this what the kids find in the morning.


Sydney was disappointed. She said, " Hey, I worked really hard on that you know!" But now they're really excited to set traps and catch some trolls! They also get to eat a lot more of the house than we have ever let them eat before. The biggest problem is that Tyson's house survived and doesn't have a single mark, and this bothers Sydney.




1 comment:

Steph said...

That is too funny!