Friday, February 6, 2009

Cookies Gone Wrong

We wanted to make cookies for Grandpa Smith who is coming today. The mixer was going, and I turned my back to answer the phone, suddenly Sydney started screaming, and I knew immediately I needed to turn off the mixer. I turned it off, but it was too late, a huge chunk of Sydney's hair had gotten caught at the very top of the rotating beater and it wound up so fast it was already pulled out of her head. She wasn't even stuck to the beater anymore. There was enough hair that is was easy to unwind from the beater. Here she is holding the hair ( I didn't make her pose for the picture until she had recovered from the incident).



6 comments:

The Maples Family said...

Poor thing! But the picture is priceless!

Shannon E. said...

Nasty! The picture just made my head hurt, I'm glad Sydney's okay, kitchenaids really are kind of scary!

alina said...

that is heart breaking! poor girl! i wonder if she will ever want to make cookies again?!

Trisha said...

you mean...i haven't commented on this yet! I saw this the other day and I was laughing hysterically! then, last night, kendis got her toy hand blender stuck in her hair and tim and I were laughing and thinking of sydney. we almost took a picture to post and link with yours!poor sydney! we miss you! kendis still talks about sydney every day...please come back soon!

Monica said...

so gross!

Steph said...

Poor girl! That is so sad!